Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chewy, can I see you out in the hallway?...


CONGRATS!! To me and my teammates for winnin the PA State Class C Co-ed championship!! We lost the first two and then proceeded to kick the shit out of teams over the next 5 games. Yay us!! 

This is my second co-ed state championship over the last 3 years. I had a really good tourney. Hit really well. It was pretty excitin stuff. 





Something’s been off with me lately… I used to be able to sit and listen to music or think in the dark. It used to be one of my secret pleasures. I could just lay there deep in thought and relax and focus. I’d lay there by one of the speakers with the music low and just think. Now the lights go off and I’m a jumbled mess. 


Aaaaaanyway… I figured it was time for you all to meet Dino. He’s my dinosaur friend that I sometimes share pictures of. He… like me… is into internet datin. I caught him checkin out the datin site searchin the other day and snapped a pic…


Some pretty interestin profiles some of those dinoladies have huh? I guess they’re attractive if you’re into that kinda thing. 


Man it’s been absolutely insane for me lately. Just one of those periods in your life where you wish you were like an ostrich and could just bury your head in the ground for a little while. But that wouldn’t make any of this go away. Just hide it for a little while.

It’s kind of ironic that the reason this journey started for me was to find that insane, crazy, passionate love and right now I can’t even think about entertainin the idea of even takin someone out on a date… let alone build a relationship with someone. So I can’t pursue what I left to pursue… how much does that fuckin suck? It’s fuckin killin me.

I have a couple of pen pals from the one datin site that are keepin me entertained but that’s about it. This one girl’s headline said something that I was curious about. It said “Lookin for the other half of my torn piece of paper”. Basically only the other half will fit perfectly with it. I like that a lot but it made me think of somethin that happened to me back when I was in 4th grade 20 or so years ago.

Honestly I forget what subject it was but back then there was one subject we’d switch rooms for. My teacher for that class was Mr. Chamberlin. I had failed a test in his class pretty bad. So bad that there was no way my parents were seein it. Of course because it was so bad he required that I took it home and get it signed by my parents.

I was terrified so I came up with this brilliant idea. My mom had signed other things for me for school. I’d just rip the signature off one that was signed and rip a piece of the test off in the same spot and say that it was ripped somehow. For almost the entire class I thought I’d gotten away with it. Until a few minutes before the end of the class he said “Chewy, can I see you out in the hallway?”

He talked to me for a bit. Told me that he knew what I’d done and I was gonna have to take it back and really get it signed. Just before we walked back in he took two sheets of paper and put them on top of each other, ripped them and showed them to me. He said “Next time take both pieces and rip them at the same time.” He patted me on the shoulder and walked me back in.

Just one of those little memories that has always stood out to me and I’ve always remembered the lesson. In fact I remembered it so well that in 6th grade his advice paid off for me big time when I pulled the same stunt and got away with it. 

Aaaaaanyway… that’s all for today… the Amish girl story probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment