Monday, August 27, 2012

Women... beautiful... but crazy...


I’ve dated quite a bit since I left my ex. Within all that datin there were less than a handful that I walked away believin there was a true chance at a real connection. In all but one of those cases I walked away not only feelin that the feelin was mutual but also being told they believed there was something more to explore there. That is of course until it came time for the second date.

Recently I synced my phone to facebook and it brought up one of the girls I really liked a lot. The first date was awesome. It was comfortable, flowin conversation, fun and loaded with laughs. At the beginnin we had agreed that it would be dinner and then home. We tried to take away some of the pressure by taking the question or expectation away… dinner… then home.  

So we sat there at dinner and halfway through she breaks the agreement by askin me if I’d like to go back to her place for a drink after dinner. Obviously we were both feelin it so I said yes without givin it a second thought.

Drinks at her place was much the same. It was awesome. It felt like we knew each other for years. About an hour into it she leans over and kisses me. We were like teenagers there on the couch. After about 10 minutes of kissin she asks me if I want more wine. As she heads to the kitchen she says to me… “You’re a delicious kisser by the way… but you can’t stay over tonight” and winks at me.

The first question that raised was… does “but you can’t stay over tonight” mean we can have sex but you can’t sleep here? The kissin was gettin very passionate and her hands were wanderin. But me bein the gentleman that I was if she didn’t actually come out and say something or make a move to take things further I wasn’t goin there. I did NOT want to blow it with this girl.

I won’t get into details but eventually it was time for me to head home. She walked me out onto her porch. We kissed again… she commented on my kissin again and we agreed that there’d be a second date and that it had to be soon.

The next day we’re talkin on the phone and somehow in those 12 hours or so her mind changed. She apologized… said I was a great guy but that she “didn’t feel there was a spark”.

Obviously I’m confused. That’s not the first time something like that has happened to me. I’m left to wonder what happened instead of havin what my mind feels is a valid explanation. I didn’t get it… she was the aggressor with everything. The goin back to her place… the kissin… the promise of a second date. I still have no idea what hit me.

Aaaaanyway… fast forward to Friday. I’m syncin my phone with facebook and there she is. So I add her as a friend and she accepts. There she is all engaged so I send her an email with congrats. We get to talkin and it seems she’s been seein him for a year and 4 months. Basically that means she met him about 3 months after our date.

I ask her how she’s been and she tells me they just called off the weddin and they’re strugglin. She’s got some trust issues from previous relationship to go along with some shady activity with him. We talk for about an hour and I’m doin what I do best… givin advice. It sounded to me like a lot of what was goin on was more her issues than his so I asked her a few questions that were asked intentionally to lead her to that conclusion.

She actually starts to cry and thanks me for being there for her. Then she says to me “How the hell are you still single?”

That’s the fuckin million dollar question isn’t it? It always seems to be the girls that won't date me that are the most confused as to why I'm still single. Weeeeellll maybe try askin yourself that question… If I’m such a great guy then why was I so easy for them to pass up on? Why say there’s a connection if there’s not? But the big one is… why are you askin me why I’m still single? I mean you’re the one that knows why more than I do. How about you tell me?

I don’t get women. Every single… and I mean every single first date that I’ve been on I’ve been told how easy I am to talk to. So why when it comes down to the question of seein each other again do they lie? Just tell me… I’ll move on gracefully because in the end I want someone who’s just as much into me and I am into them. This thing I’m searchin for doesn’t work if I’m head over heels for someone and they’re only lukewarm about me. I’m not gonna argue with someone about it. It would just be nice to know what the issue really was.

I wanted to ask her what happened but the conversation we had needed to be about her. It didn’t seem like she had a place to go with it and I didn’t wanna be selfish about it. I probably won’t ever bring it up as long as she’s engaged. And I hope it works out for her. She’s a great woman…. Just crazy… juuuust like the rest of em!!! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment