Monday, August 20, 2012

Five… Five… Five dollar footlong!!


I spent all day yesterday watchin all five of the Fast & Furious movies and it left me with a few questions…

1) Why don’t they let cops wear sneakers?

They’re always wearin them pigs feet and chasin down some criminal. I don’t get how they’re able to catch anybody like that. No wonder there’s still so many criminals on the streets. Paul Walker caught this guy but only because he’s one of the stars of the movie. I bet in real life the guy gets away because Paul Walker has to run and jump in shoes.

2) Who was the first person to discover popcorn?

Musta scared the shit out of them dontcha think? I know when I make it the old fashioned way and sit there and watch it the first one always scares the shit out of me. I can see them starvin and hungry and all they have is this old corn that’s been sittin there all dried up forever and so they could eat they tried to cook it anyway and then… POP!! POP!! POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP!!

3) Why does everybody think I look like Vin Diesel?

I mean other than both of us being bald I just don’t see it. But eeeeeverywhere I go at least one person stops me and says something. I’ve never believed it despite finishin third in a look-a-like contest to Sharon Osborne and Steven Spielberg.

A radio station was havin a contest at a local bar and my ex kept tryin to talk me into it. Since I don’t think I look anything like him I kept sayin no. So one day her and I head to Subway for a sandwich while my daughter is at dance class. We sit by the window and just eat.

About 10 minutes later this lady slams her car into a parked car. I pay no attention to eat and continue with my BLT. Well about 1/2 hour later the cop that was at the scene comes in and walks up to me and my ex. He says I had to come and tell you what happened… the woman saw you and thought you were Vin Diesel… that’s why she wasn’t payin attention to where she was goin.

I turned to my wife and said… “Ok I’ll do it”. I took 3rd place with about 50 or 60 other people there dressed as one person or another. I thought some of them were spot on too. Halle Berry, Drew Carey, Dale Earnhart Jr, Sherman Helmsley… there was a bunch of great ones. As we drove home the one judge said that he didn’t know who Vin Diesel was and may have voted for me had he seen a picture.

I have a bunch of stories like that. One lady arguing with me about it… a customer in Blockbuster tellin the woman that worked there that Vin Diesel was in the store. It happens more so whenever he releases a new movie but it happens almost everywhere I go.

I moved from NY to here in Amish country about 16 years ago. Back in NY I had tons of friends. My ex used to make comments that no matter where we went I would always know somebody. I didn’t just hang out in one group of friends there was a few different groups that I used to spend time with. I always had something to do.

Now here 16 years later I still haven’t been able to develop one of those groups… or even one of those tight friends. It’s crazy. I don’t know what it is but for some reason I’ve had a very hard time makin friends here.

Part of it is that the local people tend to stick to the people that grew up around here. I know I can’t blame it all on that but honestly I’m not sure I have another explanation. It’s the weirdest thing. I could go back to NY and those same old friends would still have my back.

It’s not like I’m a bad guy either. I’m good to my friends. I’m good to people who aren’t my friends. I don’t have any major annoyin habits that I’m aware of. I’m not a drama queen or the guy that shares everything that everyone tells them. I keep to myself and I’m pretty quite.

It’s recently become even harder because of my financial situation. With the medical bills that I ended up with its put me on a tight budget where I can’t do anything other than afford to live right now. At least until those are taken care of. So when people have asked me to head out recently I’ve had to decline.

If you think it’s hard to make friends when you can’t go out… image how hard it is to go out on a date with a female… or a male for that matter. I’m longin to be loved but at this point I’d have to find someone who would be totally happy sittin around watchin movies… or goin to the park… or hikin.

I mean don’t get me wrong as a person and boyfriend I think I’m worth it but I’m sure it’s not very appealin to anyone within my age range. Who wants to date a 43 year old man that is barely gettin by paycheck to paycheck no matter how attractive they might find me inside and out?

It really sucks. I mean I think I’ve said this before but the reason I left the ex was to find “the one”. That passion that just knocks you off of your feet and makes your heart pound uncontrollably.

They say that it’s when you stop searchin that you find it. Well I’ve stopped searchin… but I don’t go out. Is there anybody besides me that finds it highly unlikely that she’ll just knock on my apartment door one day unprovoked?

Who knows maybe that does happen? Maybe she’s a door to door condom saleswoman and I’ll be her first demonstration? She’ll of course quit her job after that and we’ll live happily ever after. But then she’ll be unemployed and we’ll both be livin on my paycheck to paycheck salary. Love’s all that matters though isn’t it? Please say yes…

Ok now I’m sad… I just don’t get why when I was married there were women eeeeeverywhere that were interested in me and now… nothin. What’s up wit dat? I’m still the same guy… I still look the same… I still have the same great personality… my penis is still the same size. Allllthough I have been gettin a lot of emails with guaranteed ways to increase the size of it up to 5”. That’s additional inches on top of the inches I already have!! That would be very pleasin to the ladies… maybe then I wouldn’t have to worry about money. Just walk around sellin my foot long for $5. Five… Five… Five dollar footlong!!
Now that songs stuck in your head isn’t it? Good because now it’s time for the Blogger sing-a-long… Five… Five… Five dollar footlong!!

I’ve been spendin a lot of time lately thinkin about the ex-Amish woman. Every time I see her my heart stops. She is truly one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. But I’ve been around beautiful women before and none of them make me feel like she does simply by standin next to her. It’s crazy… it’s like I could almost tell her right there and then that I love her. Weird stuff. I’ll have to tell you about her sometime soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment